Help Pea Puffer Introduction & care Tips

TetraKing101

Reaction score
I am going to my LFS today to but a pea puffer I have a tank all set up and cycled. I know that when I introduce the pea puffer it’s best to keep them in water because if they puff up out of water it can be deadly. But I also know that you try to get the least amount of water from the bag in your tank to prevent cross contamination. What’s the best way to introduce my pea puffer?

Faytaya

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've never done it before but based on what I've read you can drip acclimate, then use a shrimp net (the kind without holes) to put them in the tank.

FishGirly

Reaction score
I’ve transferred my pea puffers from the store bags and then again from one tank to another.

With the store bag, I just temperature acclimated and then slowly push him out of the bag by squeezing the access of the other side of the bag while trying not to introduce any of the old water ( sort of how you squeeze toothpaste).

Then to get them on a different tank, I placed them on zipbloc and let them float to temperature acclimate, and then scooped them out inside the tank with a net.

The easiest way though if they are going into a tank with no other tank mates, is just to flat them in a bag to acclimate and then throwing out most of the bag water. And leaving a tiny bit, then just dunking them in water and all.

OP
TetraKing101

TetraKing101

Reaction score
My plan was to get my pea puffer yesterday but that’s don’t work out so I was planning to get on tomorrow. Please share tips and tricks to help me out it would be really appreciated.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, I’ve moved this to the puffers board, have a look at the stickied thread at the top of the board for some care tips, good luck when you get your puffer.

OP
TetraKing101

TetraKing101

Reaction score
Coradee said:
Hi, I’ve moved this to the puffers board, have a look at the stickied thread at the top of the board for some care tips, good luck when you get your puffer.
Thanks

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would start a nano tank as well so you can breed some small snails. A staple food for pea puffers.

OP
TetraKing101

TetraKing101

Reaction score
Dave125g said:
I would start a nano tank as well so you can breed some small snails. A staple food for pea puffers.
I actually have a 2 gallon just for rams horn snails and I have about 20 right now

New Threads