pea puffer hardy shrimp

fishaddiction

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does any one know of a shrimp that pea puffers don't kill? I bought 3 ghost shrimp two days ago all gone the day after I purchased them. Any names would help I have a twenty tall.

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to have much luck. Puffers don't really go well with anything else in their tank.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Snails and shrimp are actually part of a puffers diet so they like them.

tress29

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've got two ghosts in my DPs tank and so far, she ignores them. Maybe because they are bigger than she is?

I feed her f/t bloodworms almost every day, and drop a snail or three in every week. She's not as fond of snails (or hasn't figured out they are edible) cause I still see them around. The ghosts will come running to snag a bloodworm, and I've got other sinking foods I'll toss in a few days a week. Maybe keeping everyone well fed is the trick? Or she's just really mellow?

JRC3

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have had GS in with my 3-5 dwarf/pea puffers (DP) for years. The ghost shrimp (GS) in there right now are at least a year old. The DPs are also fed bloodworms daily and crushed ramshorns once or twice a week with a skipped feeding every week or so.

If you want a good cleaner get a couple nerite (Nerita natalensis) snails. Their foot is small and the puffs can't bite it. I have 4 of them in my F8 puffer tank.

What size is your DP tank?

New Threads