pea puffer hardy shrimp

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by fishaddiction, Nov 26, 2012.

1. fishaddiction

fishaddictionValued MemberMember

Does any one know of a shrimp that pea puffers don't kill? I bought 3 ghost shrimp two days ago all gone the day after I purchased them. Any names would help I have a twenty tall.

2. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I don't think you're going to have much luck. Puffers don't really go well with anything else in their tank.

3. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Snails and shrimp are actually part of a puffers diet so they like them.

4. tress29Valued MemberMember

I've got two ghosts in my DPs tank and so far, she ignores them. Maybe because they are bigger than she is?

I feed her f/t bloodworms almost every day, and drop a snail or three in every week. She's not as fond of snails (or hasn't figured out they are edible) cause I still see them around. The ghosts will come running to snag a bloodworm, and I've got other sinking foods I'll toss in a few days a week. Maybe keeping everyone well fed is the trick? Or she's just really mellow?

5. JRC3

JRC3Well Known MemberMember

I have had GS in with my 3-5 dwarf/pea puffers (DP) for years. The ghost shrimp (GS) in there right now are at least a year old. The DPs are also fed bloodworms daily and crushed ramshorns once or twice a week with a skipped feeding every week or so.

If you want a good cleaner get a couple nerite (Nerita natalensis) snails. Their foot is small and the puffs can't bite it. I have 4 of them in my F8 puffer tank.  

What size is your DP tank?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice