Pather Crabs

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by FoulFishes, Jul 10, 2015.

1. FoulFishes

FoulFishes Valued Member Member

Has anyone here kept Panther Crabs? I've seen them at my LFS before. They're very interesting; an orange body with black spots. They're supposedly one of the few true fully aquatic crabs available in the hobby.

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

3. MJDuti

MJDuti Well Known Member Member

Only seen them sold online once. Very cool. Would also be interested if anyone has had experience

4. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I know they will eat fish. Other than that, I would imagine they are not hard to keep. A species only tank with 4 or 5 would be cool.

5. w

wpascarelli New Member Member

I once tried to keep one. I got him as a juvie, he was tiny. I had a small tank that had been cycled and didnt have any other animals in it, I put him in and he instantly hid. About once every other day he would come out of his hiding place and quickly dart to another hiding place. Aside from a few seconds each week, I never saw him unless I disturbed his hiding place just to make sure he was alive. He died after about 3 weeks of this. I assume my tank conditions didnt agree with him but really unfortunately he was not a great pet and I was happy to move on to something else that I could actually watch and enjoy. I was very dissapointed as he seemed to be a very interesting pet if he would have come out from hiding occasionally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice