Parting with one of my kois who is going to a new home

ALittlePieceOfHeaven

Was wondering how people deal with giving away fish they had raised for some time. A friends friend has a pond, and wants to buy my Sanke koi, and one of my Shubunkin in my pond. Both with similar patterns. I will be preparing to get them ready for travel in two weeks after I visit his house to check out the pond, and to see if it is suitable to raise koi. I had brought this little koi home when he was only 2 inch in length from a closing down pet store that had only dead fish a while back. Didn't think it would live. It had a slanted tail, and it was beyond skiny. It ended up living after so much time to get it back into health. After QT I decided to grow it up a bit before release due to his size being tooo tiny to spend time with my larger fish. He grew a bit, and then was released into the pond. I have grown so attached to it, so I feel like if I part with it I will be depressed. My friends friend wants this koi only, so out of being nice I said okay. I feel bad now >_<.. Was wondering if anyone else has a difficult time giving away fish that had been raised by you?

Ant

It's your fish, if you feel down about it I wouldn't part with him

GuineaPigster

Explain to them that he is very dear to you, and if they are your friends, I'm sure they will understand.

ryukinliveryukin

(My advice would be to say) I know I told you that you could take my koi but I just don't think I can part with it. I have grown so attached to him/her after all the time and care I put into this koi. I really hope you understated. I just care about this koi to much to let it go.

psalm18.2

(My advice would be to say) I know I told you that you could take my koi but I just don't think I can part with it. I have grown so attached to him/her after all the time and care I put into this koi. I really hope you understated. I just care about this koi to much to let it go.

+1 keep him.

Rivieraneo

It's a friend of a friend....... So No Koi! ;D no one will ever care for it the way you have.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• JustAFishServant
  • Koi
Replies
Views
SparkyJones
  • thejrav
  • Koi
Replies
Views
jdhef
Replies