Parrot's Tanks - 80g Jumbo Piranha Tank, 14g Cube & 2g Betta Aquarium

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I almost forgot how much i enjoy reading other people's aquarium logs on here so figured i would start my own. This thread will document my tanks and will receive regular video + Picture updates at least weekly.

2g Betta Tank
12" x 8" x 8"

This tank contains a single red crowntail betta fish. It is heated but has no filtration. I originally ran a small internal power filter on this tank but the betta hated the flow. So i taken it out and to my surprise the parameters have been stable for ages now with just 80% weekly water changes.

80g Red Bellied Piranha Tank
48" x 15" x 30"

This tank is relatively new and the fish are still settling into the tank. Had major issues with aggression and had to return one of the fish that was basically half dead. 3 Red Bellied Piranhas are in the tank now and they seem to have developed a pecking order which appears to have reduced aggression slightly. Filtration is just an internal filter while I'm waiting for a new powerhead for the over tank filtration.

They fed on Prawn for the first time yesterday which again seems to have limited the aggression somewhat.

14g Cube
15" x 15" x 15"

This tank just has the standard power filter that came with the tank. Going to build a sump for it once the tank is about half full of fish as i plan to overstock this tank. Not decided completely on stocking yet but would like a community.

Updates to come.

5/5/18
The piranha tank is going to be decorated today with slate, driftwood and some odd looking plants. Will update with images or video asap.

9ka93M.jpg

iVuCb0.jpg

dzOsG5.jpg

niifIs.jpg

hJl4Ee.jpg

pdmZcW.jpg

vvZJkw.jpg

EnBusk.jpg

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TexasDomer said:
Nice tanks!

Are you going to upgrade the piranha tank? They'll outgrow that
Thanks!

Yes the Piranha tank is a grow-out. It will have to do them for about 6 months until i move house. From my estimations they shouldn't grow much more than half an inch or so in that time. They will be upgraded to a 6 x 2 x 2 and an increased shoal. Do you think they are to big already for the tank?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not necessarily, but even a 6x2x2 tank will be a bit small for them in the end Would you be able to get an even bigger tank?

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TexasDomer said:
Not necessarily, but even a 6x2x2 tank will be a bit small for them in the end Would you be able to get an even bigger tank?
It all depends how large they grow. If they get on the large side say 14" and over then definitely i can do a larger tank, something like a 6 x 3 x 2 or a 7 x 2 x 2. I wont let them be cramped that's for sure

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom