Parrots Non Stop Bullying Eachother

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

I had 2 parrots in a 30 and one was always bullying the other one. I decided it was a territorial issue and upgraded to a 55 gallon tank and decided to put the bully in last. They said to let the fish establish then put him in so I let them in their about 5 days prior to adding the bully and now the same issue is there accept its the other way around and worse. Before when the bully was in the 30 with the other parrot he would chase him to a corner. Now the guy that was being bullied is flaring his gills a lot and is chasing/following him everywhere. This morning I didn't see him doing it because the other guy was hiding.
    Whatever shall I do? (Sorry wanted to say that because it seems funny)
    I want to stay away from rehoming them because the LFS only had sick looking fish and I don't want them to get sick.

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

parrots are a hybrid of some very aggresive fish. If you don't want to rehome, i would up the numbers in order to deter aggression on one. I would also make sure you have barriers to establish territory

3. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

first before adding more, I'd upgrade your tank size to at least 90 gallon. As the above stated they're hybrids of aggressive fish. Midas being one of them. I'd also make sure you have a ton of hiding places

4. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

I have some driftwood and some plants that they better not rip up

I want this tank to be as natural as a glassbox on a piece of strong wood can get.