Parrot Fish In New Setup Soon

Accents

Hello! I'm soon moving my two blood parrot cichlids into a 47 gallon tank, and I'm planning on it being heavily planted. Unfortunately I couldn't go any bigger, but if there are ever extreme water quality issues or aggression I have a store that I can take them to. Right now, they are extremely skittish whenever I get near to them. They readily take food, but unless I'm motionless for a couple minutes, they just hide. Is it because I'm not spending enough time with them? Would dither fish (diamond tetras, cories) work in the new tank?

In the new setup, I also wanted manzanita driftwood across 2/3 of it. Could they injured themselves when they're rushing around? That's my main fear. Also, are they plant-friendly? I can't imagine them going after any plants but I just want to be sure.

Fashooga

Dither fish will help but eventually cichlids are what they are, cichlids. They might eat up the dither fish...happened to me.

But they might leave them alone. It's a shot in the dark with personalities.

Accents

Would they injure themselves darting around the tank on the Manzanita? Thanks for the response!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom