Parrot Fish Bully Alert

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by OneLittleBubble, May 17, 2018.

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

I have 2 parrot fish and a small gold severum that were all in a 30 gallon until this morning. I moved all of them except the one bully parrot into a new 55 gallon. (Will move severum when he grows up) My parrot fish that I left in the 30 is a real bully and chases the other parrot and severum out of his place until they are in the corner of the tank. Recently I also noticed my baby severum( I only have one and I forgot to mention that both of the fish getting bullied are smaller) had some nipped fins. Did the parrot do this? Will my parrot continue to bully when I put him in the 55? I am planning on moving him into the 55 once I get home at around 3:10, and the other fish have been in the 55 since 6:30. Is this enough time gap for them to claim their territory?

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Normally you want to wait a little longer, say a week for the fish to establish. However, in a lot of cases small tank sizes and lack of decor/hiding places can cause fish to bully others... so at most i would consider getting some more decor for the others to hide in like big plants, wood and stable rock piles.

3. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

I have some small java fern and 1 big Madagascar lace plant. I also have a big piece of driftwood with lots of nooks and crannies inside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice