Parrot fish babies

Lodex13

Soooo my parrot fish are laying eggs as we speak. They're eating most of them, which I figured would happen. I'm just excited to be able to see everything and had to share lol
Of course I forgot my actual questions lol Wondering about how often parrots mate?

Azedenkae

If they keep eating eggs, could be every few days or so. If some eggs hatch, every week or so, depending on how frisky they feel.

Congrats!

Lodex13

They've been in their little cave a lot, so maybe they are feeling a little frisky haha. There were a couple of eggs that looked promising, but they ate those too.

chromedome52

Male Bloody Parrots are functionally sterile. That means they cannot release spermatozoa to fertilize the eggs. However, that doesn't stop them from trying! Reports of viable breeding Parrots that I have seen have always turned out to be the Convict types.

Lodex13

Yeah, I have hope that they have babies. They're at it again today

TClare

What kind of parrots are they?

Lodex13

Not entirely sure. They do have their mouths open, but they close them too. From what I remember about the previous Parrot fish I had (so,so long ago) had their mouths open pretty much all the time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JonWang
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redroofinn
Replies
Views
Deedo12
Replies