Parrot Community Tank 120 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by MMJ, Dec 5, 2012.

1. M

MMJ Valued Member Member

Hey friends :;sl

Can someone tell me if I can add a pair of parrot fish to my tank

It already has 2 pairs of gold fishes....

2. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

No goldfish are cold water fish and Parrots are tropical warm water fish. Parrot fish get 8 to 10 inches large and 2 need no less than 75g imo.

3. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

Parrots are great fish, BUT if you are remotely new to the fish keeping hobby, I'd hold off a bit and experience something less "trivial", for a lack of a better word.

I had 3-4 of them in a 75 Gallon tank, and I still think they would have had better contentment with a 90 Gallon+ Fish Tank. Don't get me wrong, I loved them, but they are tedious without the right decor, conditions, setup, etc.

Alex :)

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I agree with above posters that Bloody Parrots (tropical) should not be housed with Gold Fish (temperate) due to the difference in tank water temperature requirements.

starhanging.gif If you would, please complete your Aquarium Profile Information. This information will aid others with any responses they may have to your questions.

To access the Profile, click on Forum Actions in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on Edit Profile. Be sure to hit SAVE when you are done.

Thanks!

Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice