Parrot / bully lol

1. mitchgmace Member Member

Hello, well got a Parrot fish and I hate it. It was given to me (unknown) by one of my son's friends. This fish goes around pecking at everything and anything. Anyone else have one of these? Think I will do some trading and get rid of it for some other cichlid. I want one that will be mellow but grow large. Any ideas?

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome to fishlore! I have a community tank, just wanted to say hi,.

3. mitchgmace Member Member

Hi, what'sin your tank?

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore!!

parrots are cichlids and are fish that push the spectrum of fish keeping..but they are a hoot...get your buddy another parrot and he will chill a bit..if you have room that is....

5. mitchgmace Member Member

I have him in a 90 gallon tank with a Jack Dempsey, firemouth, and a rubber nose little guy.

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sounds like my 75g tank...get him another parrrot....firemouths like to be in pairs too....good luck!

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

8. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Absolutely, get him a friend. :)

If you still hate him, send him to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

9. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I have a female & she's a little beast. But with their mouths shaped the way they are, they can't do any damage to the other fish. Mine is in a 150. :)

10. mitchgmace Member Member

It has calmed down a bit. Hangs out with my female Jack dempsy

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Mitch.
    I'm glad your Bloody Parrot has a friend even though it isn't another Bloody Parrot. I assume you didn't get a 2nd Bloody Parrot?
    :animal0068:I've moved your thread to the Parrot Cichlid section of the forum...it's right below Hybrid.
    Thanks!
    Ken