Parasites?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by tunafax, Apr 20, 2018.

1. tunafax

tunafaxWell Known MemberMember

Hi,

My friend's fish got obvious parasites (scratching, flashing, and I'm 99% sure I saw 1 white dot inside a gill).

I said get PraziPro.

Prazi helped for like 1 day, but now the fish is back to scratching A LOT.

What should I recommend?

Edit: this is a goldfish and I think the tank & parameters are fine. Not my fish, not my tank so IDK. I think it's fine though. It's a 55 with 5 goldfish. Not ideal, but could be worse so I don't want to go the bet-a-bigger-tank route. He says it tests 0,0,5.

2. jennlovie

jennlovieNew MemberMember

i have a goldfish that has had parasites since the day i got him, i also treat with prazi. parasites are really difficult and you have to be very very persistent. all i have heard says prazi is one of the best to treat with but id be curious to see what others say! good luck to your friend!

3. varmintWell Known MemberMember

According to the symptom described Prazi is the way to go. Prazi is not a one shot deal. If there are no results from the initial dose, you need to re-apply after 5 days.

4. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

When dealing with meds you need to continue treating until the fish looks good.

You wouldn’t stop taking pills after one pill if you were still having a fever right? Same applies to fish medication.

5. Whitewolf

WhitewolfWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice