Help Parasites (so frustrated...please help).

MsFancyFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello everyone, I could really use advice on how to effectively deal with the adult anchor worm when it’s embedded in the fish. We are feeling very discouraged and helpless and like our lives are run by this horrible thing... we are spending every moment trying to fight it and all of its life stages and not knowing exactly what if any medicine works, then dealing with the wounds they have after, and trying to keep these things out of the water the best we can and honestly nothing is seeming to work. We are fairly new fishy parents but are very devoted and tonight we lost our little panda moor Monty. He was just a baby ( a juvenile) and was just way more covered in these Anchorworm s then I had been able to see... we do our best to get them off but our fish don’t sit still and its so frustrating...and of course so stressful for them. I don’t want to lose any more of my remaining 5 Goldie’s. I don’t want to look at any more of these little black hair looking vampires and all of their offspring. I don’t want my guys to suffer or to be stressed out. I don’t know what to do. Is there ever an end to this? I feel like their isn’t. Please HELP US! Thank you..

KribensisLover1

Well Known
Reaction score
MsFancyFish said:
Hello everyone, I could really use advice on how to effectively deal with the adult anchor worm when it’s embedded in the fish. We are feeling very discouraged and helpless and like our lives are run by this horrible thing... we are spending every moment trying to fight it and all of its life stages and not knowing exactly what if any medicine works, then dealing with the wounds they have after, and trying to keep these things out of the water the best we can and honestly nothing is seeming to work. We are fairly new fishy parents but are very devoted and tonight we lost our little panda moor Monty. He was just a baby ( a juvenile) and was just way more covered in these Anchorworm s then I had been able to see... we do our best to get them off but our fish don’t sit still and its so frustrating...and of course so stressful for them. I don’t want to lose any more of my remaining 5 Goldie’s. I don’t want to look at any more of these little black hair looking vampires and all of their offspring. I don’t want my guys to suffer or to be stressed out. I don’t know what to do. Is there ever an end to this? I feel like their isn’t. Please HELP US! Thank you..
I can’t help but am replying to bump this. Not sure it does bump it, yet worth a shot. I have a post myself and need replies and am not hearing much! Good luck.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I doubt "black hair looking things" are actual anchorworms. Sounds.like nematods / flukes of some sort. Treat with an dewormer / anti-fluke med and rhey will probably be killed.

New Threads