Parasites, Need Help

1. clark12

clark12 Valued Member Member

german blue ram, and cory cat both got a huge belly and died within a day. I'm guessing parasites. the cats had some light patches on their body so i thought bacteria. i got microbe-lift artemiss and added that per instructions. cats look normal and act normal again. during the end of that treatment 1 of my female gbr swelled up and done. i was thinking seachem metro and add it to the food. am i on the right track? they are all picky eaters at the start of new foods. should i add garlic guard to the mix? nothing is bought yet but soon i am going to order.

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    clark12

ammo-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-5 I'm actually surprised nitrates are 5. normally around 10-20. i do 50% water changes once a week. its a 75g. thanks I'm going to look into that

4. OP
    OP
    clark12

well i couldn't find hikari prazipro in stores and i didn't want to wait for a delivery from online so i got API general cure from petsmart. i did over pay as i see that from petsmart its $19 for 1 box which is 10 packets and amazon has it for 2 boxes which is 20 packets for $19. but i guess the the price of fish in the tank, i think i made the right choice to not wait to save $19 for a couple hundred dollars of fish at risk. i dosed today, fingers crossed