Parasites, Need Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by clark12, Aug 4, 2017.

1. clark12

clark12Valued MemberMember

german blue ram, and cory cat both got a huge belly and died within a day. I'm guessing parasites. the cats had some light patches on their body so i thought bacteria. i got microbe-lift artemiss and added that per instructions. cats look normal and act normal again. during the end of that treatment 1 of my female gbr swelled up and done. i was thinking seachem metro and add it to the food. am i on the right track? they are all picky eaters at the start of new foods. should i add garlic guard to the mix? nothing is bought yet but soon i am going to order.

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86Well Known MemberMember

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  3. OP
    OP
    clark12

ammo-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-5 I'm actually surprised nitrates are 5. normally around 10-20. i do 50% water changes once a week. its a 75g. thanks I'm going to look into that

4. OP
    OP
    clark12

well i couldn't find hikari prazipro in stores and i didn't want to wait for a delivery from online so i got API general cure from petsmart. i did over pay as i see that from petsmart its $19 for 1 box which is 10 packets and amazon has it for 2 boxes which is 20 packets for $19. but i guess the the price of fish in the tank, i think i made the right choice to not wait to save $19 for a couple hundred dollars of fish at risk. i dosed today, fingers crossed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice