Parasite Treatment Thats Invert. Safe

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by JenRoseFL, Apr 13, 2017.

1. JenRoseFL

JenRoseFL New Member Member

I have a 10 gallon tank that's fully planted. Perameters are checked twice a weekand always end up being 0. Ammonia will get up to .25 as most, and is always directly before a water change of 10%. Tank is kept at 78*f.

It's got a Red Cherry Shrimp Colony and 4 male guppies, two of the male guppies are 12 weeks old, the others are full grown. I also have a Nerite snail.

I noticed a few days ago one of my guppies was starting to look bloated. Today he looks very bloated and has a long white "Poo" that looks to be parasitic. Its at least twice the length of his body.

Now I'm in a dilemma. I need to treat the guppies, but can't really move the shrimp. (there are tons of babies). I do have a 5 gallon tank established that houses 5 juvenile female guppies. This tank is way too small to move adult guppies into for treatment, I'm afraid the stress would just cause more problems. I'd also like to treat that tank as some of the females look a bit bloated and they have no male in with them. (He was moved out at 6 weeks old)

Is there an invertebrate safe treatment for internal parasites that will not wipe out my RCS colony and snail? If the fish stays still I'll get a picture and update.

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

3. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    JenRoseFL

JenRoseFL New Member Member

Thank you! I'll order it next day delivery and use that. I highly doubt its sold anywhere local.

5. Books&Fish

Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

I used Seachem Paraguard several times with no shrimp or snail deaths.  

6. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice