Parasite Medication That Can Be Used In A Tank With Fry/shrimp/snails? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by tum0r, Apr 23, 2018.

1. tum0rValued MemberMember

I was thinking of using general cure in my aquarium because my platies have occasionally been rubbing themselves against the substrate and plants/hardscape. However, I want to make sure general cure is safe to use in an aquarium with fry and shrimp/snails without affecting any of them negatively. Would this be possible? If not, is there any other way I can medicate the fish for an unknown potential parasite without harming the other inhabitants?

2. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

3. tum0rValued MemberMember

That's lovely! Do you know if it would have any adverse effects on fry?

4. 123Valued MemberMember

I want to follow because I might need same meds :)

5. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Should be fine as well :)

6. tum0rValued MemberMember

Thank you! :)

7. toekneeWell Known MemberMember

I've used a handful of meds with ghost shrimp in the tank with no issues. One of the shrimp had eggs that survived too and went on to hatch. I've used general cure, paraguard, and furan 2 with no problems. furan-2 did a number on my jungle val though. other plants were fine.

8. tum0rValued MemberMember

Thank you so much for this response, greatly appreciated! I might get the general cure then, because the other suggestion of prazipro was not at my LFS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice