Question Parasite Guard by Tetra

Speedy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey Guys and Gals
I was just needing to ask some questions about this medication. I'm fixing to change 25% of water with a vacuum of the rocks before I put in another dose of the Parasite Guard do I put in the whole dose or just dose the second time with just how much water I took out?
Has anyone else had there fish act like something is biting them when using this medicine? The other side effects I have noticed is they lay on the bottom pale and breathing hard. Has anyone else had any other side effects?
Thanks

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've used it before and ran two courses, 2 days apart with about a 30% wc in between. I had no side effects whatsoever. I'm inclined to believe the symptoms your fish are showing may not be due to the medication but some other malady, or the stress of the medication on top of another illness.

What symptoms led you to use the parasite guard and what are the parameters of the tank?

Speedy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've used it before and ran two courses, 2 days apart with about a 30% wc in between. I had no side effects whatsoever. I'm inclined to believe the symptoms your fish are showing may not be due to the medication but some other malady, or the stress of the medication on top of another illness.

What symptoms led you to use the parasite guard and what are the parameters of the tank?
Hello Mattb
I'm going to following the dosage from my previous post from Musey...I was just wondering if you put in just the amount of medicine that you removed from the water but I haven't read that anywhere so I'm going to go ahead and wait 48 hours do a 25%-30% water change with gravel vacuum and dose with the full amount.
Your are correct some where showing those signs before but others where not until I added the medicine. But they seem to be ok but I have noticed my platy is still flashing on decor in the tank and some of the fish have developed fungus and got very skinny and weak with some swollen bellies. I have so many things going on right now it is crazy.
Please go back and read my previous post on main tank in trouble it will give you a lot of info in what has been going on.
Can fungus cause fish to flash?
Thanks for trying to help if you have any ideas please let me know...

mcrousse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
When I used this medicine, I too noticed initial labored breathing and pale coloration, but it went away after an hour or so.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom