Parameters are yikes…

Analisemcg

P.s, this is not really a question, but I will take tips on keeping healthy tank parameters.

So last week I missed my water change because I was out of conditioner. I got the conditioner today and did my usual 25% water change. But my betta seemed lethargic and my water still looked a little green. So I tested it and omg

I did about an 75% change out of pure panic and my water is looking better.
For some reason my nitrites were still at 0 before the change??
But now I’m at what I think is .25 ammonia.. will do a big change later. Nitrates are back to normal. Wish me luck

Attachments

• 69C76EDE-3252-4A3A-8D34-71D8E322AA09.jpeg
    69C76EDE-3252-4A3A-8D34-71D8E322AA09.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 21

Freshfishguy

P.s, this is not really a question, but I will take tips on keeping healthy tank parameters.

So last week I missed my water change because I was out of conditioner. I got the conditioner today and did my usual 25% water change. But my betta seemed lethargic and my water still looked a little green. So I tested it and omg

But now I’m at what I think is .25 ammonia.. will do a big change later. Nitrates are back to normal. Wish me luck
That is around 1ppm-2ppm of ammonia, 0.25ppm is still pretty yellow. If you’re getting ammonia, the tank isn’t cycled or something is causing an ammonia spike in the tank (dead fish or some decaying material). I would highly recommend doing daily water changes while you’re reading ammonia or nitrites and you have a fish in the tank to get the ammonia down to at least 0.5ppm. So with what it’s reading right now, I’d suggest a 50% water change, as 1ppm or higher of ammonia is deadly to fish. Also a dechlorinator that detoxifies ammonia and nitrite like Seachem Prime is helpful for situations like this.

Upvote 0

Dunk2

How long has your tank been running with fish in it?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
John58ford
Replies
Views
sattelmauser
  • Question