Paralyzed Fish

Steven1999

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My fish hasn’t been able to move for the past day. People say it’s Swim Bladder but I don’t know if that can explain paralysis. Maybe he doesn't have enough energy? All my other fish are healthy and I’ve been keeping track of the balance. The tank is at 0 ppm for everything and has been established at least a month now. It’s a healthy tank. Picture included is me trying to “feed him a pea to help with the “”Swim Bladder”””. Any comments would be helpful as long as they are constructive

Peppered Cory Catfish

Peppered Cory Catfish
I think he might have been born with Swim Bladder issues because he has always been the “quietest”.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think that guy is a goner. It looks like the exposed eye is extended out of the socket, (Popeye). My guess is the fish is suffering from an intestinal bacterial infection.
At this point there really isn't anything to be done.

Steven1999

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think that guy is a goner. It looks like the exposed eye is extended out of the socket, (Popeye). My guess is the fish is suffering from an intestinal bacterial infection.
At this point there really isn't anything to be done.
I’ve been using Tetra Lifeguard for the past 3 days now. Think there’s a chance?

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is always hope, but I don't think so. Bacterial infections are nearly impossible to cure.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom