Paradise Fish or Swordtail

Ghelfaire

Paradise fish are hit and miss for community tanks. Think of them like a betta or gourami, they may like the company or kill everything in the tank.

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I would go for a Paradise fish, they are fantastic to watch and have magnificent colours

Upvote 0

chromedome52

Paradise fish would be more geographically appropriate. Also, Swordtail moves faster, and could be a problem with these smaller fish, all of which should be fast enough to stay out of the way with a Paradise.

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

Paradise fish are hit and miss for community tanks. Think of them like a betta or gourami, they may like the company or kill everything in the tank.
I agree, paradise fish aren't the most reliable fish, they can kill fish, or they can be nice. Every fish is different.

Upvote 0

Apoorvthegreat

Swordtails breed like crazy tho. I've never kept paradise fish, but I know for a fact that they are aggressive. Swordtails are one of the best fish you can keep in a community tank

Upvote 0

Lakefish

I vote paradise fish. They have personality and intelligence I've had three for a few months, and their aggression has only been towards one another--they generally ignore their barb tankmates (who can hold their own anyway), and they are not fast enough to catch a danio. If you have floating plants they'll spend a lot of time hunting for bugs up there, and I'm pretty sure they eat small snails too.

Upvote 0

FishAndDoom

I'll vote for the sword just because I prefer livebearers. No practical reason.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
AquaAlic
  • Question
Replies
Views