Paradise Fish In A 10 Gallon 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by FriarThomasIII, Apr 16, 2018.

?

Keep him there?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

So I've had a hydra problem in my 10 gallon, so I moved my Paradise Fish into it to eat the hydra, which he is eating happily. But then I started doing research on permanently keeping him/her (probably a girl, as it is pretty dull in color) in the 10 gallon by himself in an unheated 10 gallon. He is exploring the tank last I looked and the tank is fully cycled. What do you guys think? If I just kept him by himself, especially since he seems really shy and seems stressed out by the danio school and corydoras. He looks better also in there and is brightening up. Thoughts?

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I think it's too small for him. If you want to keep him alone, I'd get him his own 20 gal.

3. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

He's about 2.5 inches right now, and I have no way to rehome him right now. For now he's gonna have to stay alone in the ten gallon, but one day I'll get him a 20 long by himself. He seemed to be feeling better by himself, too, which is a nice sign. Do you think the schooling fish freaked him out?

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Could be. I'd look into upgrading sooner rather than later though.

Just wondering, why can't you rehome him?

5. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

No LFS will take him, as they have tons of them from new shipments, and petsmart never takes the common fish. Also, I have no friends who want them. I also did some research and "he" looks like a girl. I might get another 30 soon and have a little harem by themselves, no schools to stress them out.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

A single Paradise in a 10 is fine, IMO. Especially if it is a female. This is not a hyperactive species, and tends to be relatively still even in larger environments. Also, they do not need heat; I've known people who wintered them in ponds that nearly froze over. They have one of the widest ranges of temperature tolerance of all our "tropical" fish.

7. OP
    OP
    FriarThomasIII

Mine seems to be a girl and doesn't move too much. She (i think) kinda just picked at the glass eating hydra and hanging out, not harassed by danios

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice