Paradise Fish & African Butterfly Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Disturbed, Jul 4, 2016.

1. DisturbedNew MemberMember

2. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

minimum tank size for a African Butterfly fish is 40g so no

3. OP
    OP
    D

DisturbedNew MemberMember

Tank is 6 foot long. Actual dimensions are 72x18x14 which works out as nearly 80 gallons.

4. FreshAquariums

oh I thought u meant 6 gallons LOL sorry, but yea it should work out ok, as long as paradise aren't top swimmers.... o-o

5. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I have seen ABF kept with Ctenopoma, which is also an Anabantoid like the Paradise. That said, I'm not sure I would do it myself, as Paradise tend to be fairly aggressive and could nip the many filaments of the Butterfly's fins. They also dwell closer to the surface than the average Ctenopoma. If you should try, please post back here and let us know how it works out. I wouldn't worry about any water/temperature parameter issues, so long as you do right for the Butterfly.

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

That should work. ABFs stay at the surface and paradise fish swim in the upper/middle regions. As long as the paradise fish doesn't nip the trailing fins of the ABF, it should be fine.

7. FreshAquariums

agree

8. OP
    OP
    D

DisturbedNew MemberMember

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice