Parachromis Loisellei Swim Bladder Issue? Or?

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
P. Loisellei hardly swim to mid tank these days. Ever since I came back from my 12day vacation I observed that it always stays inside the shipwreck. It dug all the substrate out.

He also chases away any other fish ventures to that area, sometimes unsuccessfully though as it is still small at 4.5". It has not lost weight. It is eating but very less compared to last time. only eats food that falls into it's end. But he behaves like a hen incubating her eggs. Always sitting and hardly even swimming to the mid tank. Only time I saw it swim to mid in last 1.5weeks is when he was chasing some other fish away. He also rests sideways sometimes.

He is holed inside that ship-wreck most of the time. Here is the video. Has he got into a fight and got itself

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Maybe it is a female although i'd trust you on the male part. Could just be stressed from you being gone and the schedule changed maybe. Also at the end of the video it looks like "he" is kissing th e camera or something

Hope it gets better.

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe it is a female although i'd trust you on the male part. Could just be stressed from you being gone and the schedule changed maybe. Also at the end of the video it looks like "he" is kissing th e camera or something

Hope it gets better.
Hey you meant, The blood parrot? I do not know whether my Liosellei is male or female.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom