10 Gallon Tank Paperwork fell into tank! Will my fish be OK?

EMcT1985

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had paperwork fall into the tank. Late last night, some paperwork fell into my QT tank. I wasn't able to clean it up until this morning. The fish look fine, but the water looked not quite as clear as it normally does, so I did a 70 percent water change. The QT tank has a guppy and 2 dark knight rams (I bought them a few days ago).

The paperwork included a few folders worth of regular printer paper, mostly laser-jet printed pages, and some pen writing/sharpie highlighting. My main worry is whether there is a bunch of ink in the water and whether that will harm the fish.

Should I do daily water changes this week? Or not worry too much about it?

jkkgron2

I would do a 50% water change tomorrow but then you should be able to go back to normal :)

jdhef

I think your fish will be fine...assuming the didn't get paper cuts. This paperwork wass't homework was it...I swear, my fish ate my homework.

Betta'sAnonymous

Sounds like a great way to start a monday...

EMcT1985

jdhef said:
I think your fish will be fine...assuming the didn't get paper cuts. This paperwork wass't homework was it...I swear, my fish ate my homework.
Haha nope. It's going to take forever to dry though; I have a fan on the paperwork now :)

cdw202x

EMcT1985 said:
Haha nope. It's going to take forever to dry though; I have a fan on the paperwork now :)
Are you able to place it on a drying rack and/or a clothes line? That would help maintain the flatness and may dry quicker!

Top Bottom