Pangio kuhli versus Pangio oblonga length and boldness

Are kuhli loaches larger than java/black loaches? Are kuhli loaches possibly more shy than their cousins as well?

I've been reading a fair amount between the two and it appears perhaps kuhli's grow a bit larger (4") versus java (3") and generally may be more shy. I don't want to incorrectly summarize and would appreciate your insights.

I have 3" java loaches, they seem fairly bold with one being a bit more shy. I understand why they're so loved. I'll be getting more - I simply wanted to make sure they thrived as this is my first time as a loach owner. ha.

Thank you,

Solution
I'm by no means a Kuhli expert, I have some in one of my tanks, but they're the first loaches that I've ever kept. I'd say more so with these than lots of other fish, it's entirely up to the individual with Kuhli's. I've got a few that I see every few weeks, and a few that are out pestering my Keyholes all day. Then some that are somewhere in between.
I'm by no means a Kuhli expert, I have some in one of my tanks, but they're the first loaches that I've ever kept. I'd say more so with these than lots of other fish, it's entirely up to the individual with Kuhli's. I've got a few that I see every few weeks, and a few that are out pestering my Keyholes all day. Then some that are somewhere in between.

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom