Pandas! :)

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Shine, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Shine

Shine Well Known Member Member

I actually found some panda cories in my travels today!!! (that weren't 13$ each) I picked up 4 of the little guys, and then spent about an hour re-arranging my 10g for them. They are the first cories I've gotten, but I wanted pandas from the first moment I saw them. I figured I'd have to settle for speckled or albino ones instead...

Anyway they are slowly settling in. Funny little things. For a while I thought the fish aliens abducted one instantly, cause I could only find 3 for several hours--and the tank is hardly huge! I eventually spotted him hiding under the bridge. Currently two are hiding under there, one is 'invisible' under a plant :;nin2, and the last one is swimming all over the tank like she owns it! :p Up and down the glass, through the plants and up again. Not intimidated by much that one! ;D

2. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Glad you found them!! Congrats!

3. OP
    OP
    Shine

Here's a couple pics of my new pandas; see the ninja? :;nin2 ... and my revamp of the tank ;)

Now I just hope to keep them all healthy and happy. I've heard that pandas can be a 'bit delicate'

Attached Files:

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I love the 1st photo :) You should post it in the fish photo contest :;rocker

5. h

hyun007 Valued Member Member

Ah....They are so expensive in canada.
    Got 20 from a wholesaler in Bangkok for US$7.
    3 died because of the transportation and 1 died of unknown cause in the first week but the rest are doing very well(been over 3 weeks now).

I think you will enjoy it very much when they school together cleaning and feeding.
    Very very cute!!!
    Definitely worth the money!

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Your tank looks very nice! and love the Pandas LOL
    Carol

7. OP
    OP
    Shine

lol--I think I spent the equivilant of a couple hours watching them yesterday. They were racing from one side of the tank to the other and then having a little catfish pile up whenever they stopped! I kept trying to get more pics of them, but they would scurry off to another spot whenever I tried.

Do cories usually like zuccinni? I put some in but they ignored it. Or is it something that they develope a taste for over time?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice