Help Panda Molly Missing His Head

Kittenluna

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was doing a water change and found my dead headless panda molly. Have no idea what did it or how it happened. I have nothing sharp in the aquarium and i even checked the filters just in case his head somehow got stuck in it and didn't find anything. Other fish i have in the aquarium is zebra danios, a guppy, ember and neon tetras, mollies, 3 small plecos and a small gourami. Its a 55 gallon tank
20190819_195913~2.jpg

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It appears it died and the fish got to it. Even with your light stock they could still clean up an entire fish in a day especisally the plecos.

Kittenluna

Valued Member
Reaction score
What kind of plecos do you have?
6 inch common pleco
3 inch bristlenose
2 inch rubbernose

It appears it died and the fish got to it. Even with your light stock they could still clean up an entire fish in a day especisally the plecos.
Yeah it does. I just thought it was weird his head almost looks like a clean cut

Last edited by a moderator:

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry for your loss but like i said they will shred it to pieces and everyone will get a bit of it. Especially a 6" common. I have one that rips a couple chunks of Zucchini to shreds in half a night ( sorry for the bad reference)

Faytaya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bristlenose apparently have a propensity to suck the slime off of fish sometimes. Keep on your guard for stressed fishes.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see what you mean, it does look more like he was bit in half, rather than nibbled on.

altwitch

Reaction score
Not to be morbid and I care for my fish and do the best to create an acceptable biome for them to live in; however, also have reconciled the circle of life. Predation and especially post mortem consumption is a given with certain species and especially in numbers. Sorry for your loss, but my guess is a passing followed by a feeding frenzy on the lost party. Could be wrong.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom