Panda Corydoras

Narnia4FishLife

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
1 simple question.
Is the HikarI Sinking Algae Wafer good enough for their whole diet? I ordered it and am wondering if I need other foods. I also have a turtle in the same tank that I am setting up, so I'm guessing they will be scavenging for those?

I lied, another question.
How often do I feed them? How many wafers do I feed them?
I heard from another forum to crush the wafers into quarters and spread them out?

Last question I promise.
I have a 29 gallon with floating plants and Petco black sand. Is 6 enough for a good school? That's how many Aquahuna is selling them as a bundle?

Gosh, I love Panda Corydoras! They are so derpy. Oh and water temperature. 77 degrees to 78? Is that ok?

Thanks so much for answering!

Best regards, Narnia

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it can be used as a big part of it but they should all so be feed brine and blood worms but at a push the wafers will do hope this helps u Narnia cheers john

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
that would work but use one treatment first not both together as they will counter react each other and if u have carbone in your filter take it out as it will remove the treatment

OP
N

Narnia4FishLife

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
johnbetta said:
that would work but use one treatment first not both together as they will counter react each other and if u have carbone in your filter take it out as it will remove the treatment
Lol yeah, someone from another thread just told me that. Replacing it with polyfill. Thank you! I'm so excited about these panda fish to invade my tank.

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
your welcome and yeay your lucky they will breed very easly for u

Michael Hammond

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
To answer the original question, NO, algae wafers are not suitable as the whole diet for any Corydoras fish. They are not even suited as the main part of the diet. Corydoras are carnivorous fish, meaning ' meat eaters'. So therefore a mixture of prepared granules, or tablets would be best, with an occasional offering of frozen bloodworms or brineshrimp. Algae wafers could be added sparingly as an addition to the diet.

Lospark

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can also use Ich-X and General Cure together. They won’t counter act. It’s done all the time.

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wait why are we medicating fish you don’t even have yet? Don’t medicate them if they show no signs of disease.

As previously stated, they need meat. They love frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and sinking shrimp pellets. I’d feed a group of six 3-4 pellets a day, some people say 1 per cory but I don’t like over feeding. I like to split the pellets in half, presoak them so they’re soft and edible already and spread them around the tank to make sure they all get food.

A shoal of 6 is perfectly fine.

New Threads