Panda Cory Temperatures

Pewdiepie
I have 3 Panda Cory's in a 36 gallon bow front with 2 Bolivian rams, 2 dwarf gouramis 5 harlequin rasboras and 5 blue tetras. I normally keep the tank at 79 degrees Fahrenheit, which is pushing the limit for Cory’s but they seem to like hanging out next to the heater without moving. Is this normal? They seem to be doing fine.

Advertisement
DuaneV
Hard saying if there's something wrong, but yeah, Pandas like low to upper 70s, so 79 is definitely the max. Maybe stresses since 3 isn't many and and Corys REALLY do much better in larger schools. In that tank Id probably have 12-15 in there. Pandas stay on the smaller side, so that makes keeping more of them easy.

Advertisement
Pewdiepie
Hard saying if there's something wrong, but yeah, Pandas like low to upper 70s, so 79 is definitely the max. Maybe stresses since 3 isn't many and and Corys REALLY do much better in larger schools. In that tank Id probably have 12-15 in there. Pandas stay on the smaller side, so that makes keeping more of them easy.
Don’t you think the tank would be too crowded with two schooling types of fish?

DuaneV
Corys inhabit the lower level of the tank. Nobody else is swimming around in the substrate besides them. You already have the Tetras, Rasboras and Corys, that's 3 types of schooling fish. Adding more Corys won't change that, and the Corys will do much better. Youll always be better off with 1 big school rather than multiple small ones too.

DoubleDutch
No issues with the DG's at that temp ?

Pewdiepie
No issues with the DG's at that temp ?
No. They seem to be doing fine. All behavior is normal for them

Advertisement

DoubleDutch
No. They seem to be doing fine. All behavior is normal for them
ok

Pewdiepie
Corys inhabit the lower level of the tank. Nobody else is swimming around in the substrate besides them. You already have the Tetras, Rasboras and Corys, that's 3 types of schooling fish. Adding more Corys won't change that, and the Corys will do much better. Youll always be better off with 1 big school rather than multiple small ones too.
But the rams are there and they’ve been semi-aggressive towards some of the other fish. It might be because they are relatively new to the tank, but I feel with 26 fish in a 35 gallon is just too much

DoubleDutch
But the rams are there and they’ve been semi-aggressive towards some of the other fish. It might be because they are relatively new to the tank, but I feel with 26 fish in a 35 gallon is just too much
I'd expect that from the Dwarfs

Jack B.
I don’t think that would be overstocking if your filter could handle it. I’m planning on doing something similar in a 20 gallon long.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Otomatic
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Truckjohn
Replies
Views