PANDA CORY - Please share experience here :-)

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by ILOVECORYS, Apr 23, 2012.

1. ILOVECORYS

ILOVECORYS Valued Member Member

Hi,

As I'm new to keeping corys. I would like to know what are your experiences with the Pandas?

Well so far for me-
    bought 3, 1 died week and a half later.

bought 4 more a couple of weeks ago, 1 died few days ago.

I have read somewhere they are not as 'HARDY'. Is this true?

Water is spot on, temp in there is 24c and all other Corys in there are fine.

I have 5 of each- Albino, bronze, peppered.

2. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I have trouble finding good stock. When I do they seem pretty hardy, but I have lost quite a few only days after getting them. My lfs won't carry them because they can't find good stock .

3. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Corys, in general, are not known for being hardy. I had a couple of false julii that I lost fairly quickly after purchase. But now, I've had my existing species for a while with no issues. In fact, they are spawning and I have fry.

4. OP
    OP
    ILOVECORYS

ILOVECORYS Valued Member Member

I'd love to be that guy who supplies a good stock.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore panda from this shop.

I'll try again in a few months from somewhere else, just got to hope they won't be from the same breeder.

5. L

Lux New Member Member

I've been keeping corys for about 2 months and so far have 8 cory's total and 3 upside down catfish.

I have purchased the 8 cory's from 3 different suppliers and been slowly adding them.

Its a mixed group. 2 albinos, 1 spotted, 1 julii, 2 greens, 1 bandit, and 1 skunk.

So far I havent lost any but over the last few days my julii seems to be getting lighter and losing his spots. He almost died the night I brought him home (2 weeks ago) but has been doing fine since. All I can do is keep an eye on him and hope for the best. Hes active and i've read sometimes during mating their color will fade, hopefully he isnt stressed.

Your not suppose to mix cory catfish species but all of mine lay together. When I came home from work tonight 7 out of the 8 were underneath their favorite driftwood decoration right next to eachother, while the one albino was right next to them sifting through the sand.

Maybe you just got a bad batch, my parameters have fluctuated but I havent lost any yet. Ioriginally only planned on getting 2 or 3 cory cats, but fell in love with them and now have a big catfish family that is safe from outside predators and bullying.

My upside down catfish change color like crazy, from jet black and brown to white/tan in an instant, they can flex their colors. Everyone seems to be doing fine, hopefully yours survive..you may want to switch suppliers.

Best of luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice