Panda Cory Ill

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This little guy was bought from the lfs yeaterday, after being introduced he has developed a white almost stringy film around him, amongst him being banged up after being housed with red/serpae tetras, he has suddenly developed this, any idea what it is or how I may treat it? Would ich tablets work or? Any help is appreciated.
60 gallon heavily planted tank
10ppm nitrate
7.4 ph
Everything else is 0
His tank mates:
8 neon tetras
12 black tetras
6 harlequin rasboras
1 pleco
1 other panda cory ( bought lfs last 2)
3 peppered corys.

What medicine could I use? Thanks for anything
I think I attatched a photo of him sorry first post here I'm new

Just signed up for this site to help my panda cory, no responses site seems dead, this is the last thing ik to do, can anyone help me? The post is my very first one with pics and all info needed for someone with expertise to help, ANYTHING is appreciated and thank you

Attachments

Jenoli42

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
sorry I must have missed it... can you pls put a link to it in this thread? I'll try to help. usually when no one responds it's because we're stumped

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jenoli42 said:
sorry I must have missed it... can you pls put a link to it in this thread? I'll try to help. usually when no one responds it's because we're stumped
Thank you sorry for any rush I just didnt know if anyone was evem here, I hope tht link works for the post I made earlier

Jenoli42

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
oh dear. I have no idea what that is. .. any chance you can post a few more photos?

my first thought is something fungal?

calling in reinforcements... Gypsy13

I know you can't see gypsy but it's like she says. stringy film on a few spots and pale. any ideas?

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jenoli42 said:
oh dear. I have no idea what that is. .. any chance you can post a few more photos?

my first thought is something fungal?

calling in reinforcements... Gypsy13

I know you can't see gypsy but it's like she says. stringy film on a few spots and pale. any ideas?
I hope these help any at all

Attachments

Jenoli42

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
the poor thing. how was it banged up? was it attacked? it is either fungal/ bacterial or some very ott slime coat reaction to stress? hmmm. I see why you're concerned. anyone else showing symptoms? any others from the store have symptoms?

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jenoli42 said:
the poor thing. how was it banged up? was it attacked? it is either fungal/ bacterial or some very ott slime coat reaction to stress? hmmm. I see why you're concerned. anyone else showing symptoms? any others from the store have symptoms?
I'm guessing he was nipped up,pretty bad from the red tetras he was being housed with, all of them seemed ok no dead or dying fish anywhere, also I have 4 other corys all of which are very active and healthy. No other fish in the entire tank is in any way concerning to me. Just this little panda cory that I'm worried about lol and I haven't a clue what could have had this happen, he was nipped up already but the stringy looking stuff is very new, like today new. Not sure why though, thank you for the help

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you qt him? What does this stuff feel like?

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jenoli42 said:
Just a little more clarification, he was purchased yesterday and that's where he got nipped up, not in my setup, however my setup did produce this nasty looking bacteria, hmmmm.

Gypsy13 said:
I have not, I currently don't have a sufficient quarantine for him, no other tank. I couldnt tell you. If it vital I suppose I could find out how it feels carefully, I do understand however that I need to quarantine him for the safety of the other fish, just isn't an option atm.

This also popped up overnight

Is there any other recomendations for medication? I'm hoping its just a slime coat issue since it developed so quickly, but I don't know much about fungI and bacteria when related to fish.
Gypsy13 said:

Jenoli42

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
well. you're the best person to figure it out given you can see him but here's a link that might help??

her description under the video talks about identifying fungus & treatment. there are other YouTube videos too

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jenoli42 said:
well. you're the best person to figure it out given you can see him but here's a link that might help??

her description under the video talks about identifying fungus & treatment. there are other YouTube videos too
Thank you

penguin02

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My mind immediately jumped to ich, but the pictures don't really show the stringyness that you descriped. So I agree with something fungal/bacterial.

You made the post at 3am in my time, which usually isn't when people are online. There should be a lot of people here today to help you.

JLeeM

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I had a very similar looking problem with my panda corys when I first brought them home. Something looks a little different with yours, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Just hope it's not what mine had. When they started growing white stuff, they were dead by the next day without meds.

Mom2some

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don’t know. But when in doubt pristine water & high quality food (and not being attacked) help most fish.

OP
Mybbygotsauz

Mybbygotsauz

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
penguin02 said:
My mind immediately jumped to ich, but the pictures don't really show the stringyness that you descriped. So I agree with something fungal/bacterial.

You made the post at 3am in my time, which usually isn't when people are online. There should be a lot of people here today to help you.
Gotcha thanks everyone, I'm going to lfs shortly and I'm gonna looke around for some ich and fungal remedies, ill post back with the little dudes update and let yal know everything, knowledge will help the next ill cory out thnks for everything.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Threads have been merged, please only create one thread per topic

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mybbygotsauz said:
I don't understand I'm sorry I'm new, can you elaborate a little?
Hi, you posted two threads on your cory problem, they have been merged together as it causes confusion having multiple threads on the same topic.
Sometimes you just have to be a little more patient until the right person is online to help with your question, we have members from many different time zones & they will see your thread when they come online.

New Threads