panda cory flashing

1. bubblefish Member Member

Hi Everyone,

Last saturday, I upgraded an established 20 gallon tank to a new 55 gallon tank. I Have been testing everyday since the upgrade and it seems to be going well as my water para. still look very good: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate between 5 and 10 so I'll say 7.5.

Before leaving for work this morning, I noticed one of the panda corys flashing against the docorations. There were no visible signs of disease and he ate enthusiastically. As I am unsure why the little guy is flashing, I dosed the tank with Kordon's Ich Attack as it says that it treats other problems as well. Also because it is 100% organic and safe for the biofilter.

Anyone have any other ideas about why he is flashing and what I should be doing?

2. alicem Member Member

Could be any one of a number of things...
    It may be showing dominance in the new tank.
    Or it could just be showing off for an opposite sex.
    The water temp, or some other thing like the hardness or pH, may be different from the 20G was and he's a little uncomfortable.

Flashing doesn't always mean a fish has a parasite.

I wouldn't add any more chemical stuff to the tank until you see other problems/symptoms.
    Often it's better to wait a little while and see what happens. It may settle down on it's own given time.
    :)
    alicem

3. bubblefish Member Member

Thanks. I will just keep an eye on them for now.

4. alicem Member Member

5. bubblefish Member Member

Thanks. They are cute. I love them.