Panda cory breeding?

BenjiBear

Im back on the threads again...

So I've recently moved 6 panda cories and a bristlenose over to a 37 gallon from a 15 gallon. I've noticed that about a day after the move, one of my six is constantly up the back of the tank by my sponge filter (its an extra im seeding for emergency qt etc). It keeps noseing the sand but it doesnt really look like its just sifting through it like cories do. There was another cory up back with it the first day i noticed it missing.

So i cant really think whats wrong but im wondering if perhaps they've bred? This probably sounds so dumb to everyone who knows about cory breeding

I tried to research but didnt really find answers. Would a panda lay eggs in the sand? Is it tending eggs? I know they go a bit crazy when the mate but ive been sleeping in the past few days as im a bit sick so i could have missed that. My other reason for thinking this is i saw a thing saying if youre trying to breed, feed them protein and change the temperature to a cooler one. WELL. The morning before i moved them i got a pack of tetra gel bloodworm to try for one of my bettas bc hes picky and wont eat freeze dried ones but i had a lot left in the portion sachet so gave the rest to my other betta...and the cories. Then that evening they were put from a 26 degree C tank to a 22 degree C tank (obviously i acclimated and stuff)

I really dont know but im just thinking its strange. Its been 3 days now.

Thanks!

86 ssinit

It’s probably just checking out the new tank. They lay eggs on glass and plant leaves. You’ll notice mating when they are all chasing around the tank. To get them to mate on a water change add water that is a little colder. That always stimulates mine.

Upvote 0

BenjiBear

It’s probably just checking out the new tank. They lay eggs on glass and plant leaves. You’ll notice mating when they are all chasing around the tank. To get them to mate on a water change add water that is a little colder. That always stimulates mine.

I was more thinkin I'd done it by accident but I'll keep it in mind! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Thor555

Moving cory's from one tank to another is stressful. I realize there is nothing you can do about it. I have 25 pandas in a 36 gallon tank and I've gotten so good at breeding them in the tank that I want to go to a 50 - even a 75 gallon tank. The reason I haven't is because I haven't figured a way to move them without stressing them and losing a few.

Upvote 0

BestFishTankGuy

Oh wow my pandas must be very hardy ! I’ve moved them back and forth with no issues ! they survived a 20ppm nitrite spike and even lived at 78degrees for quite a while before I learned their temperature requirements

Upvote 0

Mlou

Cories are tough little cookies. If they like you and your water and style of maintenance, then with a steady amount of care, they will love you and do well for you. Just keep up the water change on a regular basic and you’re almost guarantee breeding. I am no expert but my two female paleatus lay infertile eggs. My sterbais give me around 60 eggs almost once a week, and I get sporadic big spawn of Adolphois that I raise up separately. So only my green lasers Eques and super schwartzis haven’t spawn for me. I hope they will soon. Good luck with the pandas!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BenjiBear
  • Question
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies
Views