Panda Cories Stocking Help

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi all, my wife fell in love with some panda cories. Can you help me put them in the best tank? I have a tank with rasboras and a pair of GBRs. I have a live bearer tank which is where she would prefer to have them. And a 3rd tank that is going to be for RCS. any ideas?

penguin02

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They'd do great in the livebearer tank. That's where I have my cories.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
AQUA_LOVER said:
I was just worried about water temperature and hardness
I don't know the hardness of mine but my temp is 72-75

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What size tanks do you have?
Depending on size, the livebearer tank is probably best since GBR need warmer water than panda corys.

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Livebearer is a 45. I was hoping to have 6 Pandas and 6 Julis. I have set the temp to 26*C/78*F. My LFS advised me that a water hardness of 12* might be too high for them hence my hesitation.

Abby565

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
78 is too warm for juliis and pandas. Maybe she likes albino cories or sterbai? They can easily be in 78. What size tank are the rcs in?

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What is your complete stocking in the livebearer tank?
All panda or all false julii would be best since they do best in large shoals of single species. 78 is a bit warm for them, I would bump your temp to down to 74 or 75, that temperature is fine for most livebearers.

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
shutterbug13 said:
What is your complete stocking in the livebearer tank?
All panda or all false julii would be best since they do best in large shoals of single species. 78 is a bit warm for them, I would bump your temp to down to 74 or 75, that temperature is fine for most livebearers.
The stocking is guppies, platys and 2 bristle nose plecos. I want to add the Julis and the Pandas to this tank. I can lower to 75.

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Abby565 said:
78 is too warm for juliis and pandas. Maybe she likes albino cories or sterbai? They can easily be in 78. What size tank are the rcs in?
My wife has her mind set on Pandas, I was hoping that I could lower the temp to make it good for the Livebearers and the Julis and the Pandas all together.

The RCS will be in a 10 gallon

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
AQUA_LOVER said:
The stocking is guppies, platys and 2 bristle nose plecos. I want to add the Julis and the Pandas to this tank. I can lower to 75.
They would all work at 75. Can you give us exact numbers of guppies and platys (just to make sure it won't be overstocked)?

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
shutterbug13 said:
They would all work at 75. Can you give us exact numbers of guppies and platys (just to make sure it won't be overstocked)?
I have about 8 guppies. 12 platys. 2 bmp. 12 cories and 10 Amano shrimp. It is quite planted.

shutterbug13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
AQUA_LOVER said:
I have about 8 guppies. 12 platys. 2 bmp. 12 cories and 10 Amano shrimp. It is quite planted.
I think ten panda corys would fit quite well in there!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom