Panda Cories Stocking Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by AQUA_LOVER, Apr 19, 2018.

1. AQUA_LOVER

AQUA_LOVER Well Known Member Member

Hi all, my wife fell in love with some panda cories. Can you help me put them in the best tank? I have a tank with rasboras and a pair of GBRs. I have a live bearer tank which is where she would prefer to have them. And a 3rd tank that is going to be for RCS. any ideas?

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

They'd do great in the livebearer tank. That's where I have my cories.

3. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

I was just worried about water temperature and hardness

5. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

I don't know the hardness of mine but my temp is 72-75

6. shutterbug13

shutterbug13 Well Known Member Member

What size tanks do you have?
    Depending on size, the livebearer tank is probably best since GBR need warmer water than panda corys.

7. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

The Livebearer is a 45. I was hoping to have 6 Pandas and 6 Julis. I have set the temp to 26*C/78*F. My LFS advised me that a water hardness of 12* might be too high for them hence my hesitation.

8. Abby565

Abby565 Valued Member Member

78 is too warm for juliis and pandas. Maybe she likes albino cories or sterbai? They can easily be in 78. What size tank are the rcs in?

9. shutterbug13

What is your complete stocking in the livebearer tank?
    All panda or all false julii would be best since they do best in large shoals of single species. 78 is a bit warm for them, I would bump your temp to down to 74 or 75, that temperature is fine for most livebearers.

10. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

The stocking is guppies, platys and 2 bristle nose plecos. I want to add the Julis and the Pandas to this tank. I can lower to 75.

11. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

My wife has her mind set on Pandas, I was hoping that I could lower the temp to make it good for the Livebearers and the Julis and the Pandas all together.

The RCS will be in a 10gal

12. shutterbug13

They would all work at 75. Can you give us exact numbers of guppies and platys (just to make sure it won't be overstocked)?

13. OP
    OP
    AQUA_LOVER

I have about 8 guppies. 12 platys. 2 bmp. 12 cories and 10 Amano shrimp. It is quite planted.

14. shutterbug13

I think ten panda corys would fit quite well in there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice