Paludarium half aquatic half land animal with fish

idkausernamesoyeah

so I didnt rly know what title to put this under, but anyways, I wanted to make a paludarium with some sort of half aquatic half land animal with fish included in the tank. I don't rly know waht I'm doing, 100% in the beginning stages but if anyone has any ideas of good animal choices to put in or any sort of reccomendation lmk I will most likely be putting this in a 29 gallon or maybe larger I'm not sure yet

highest id go is most likely a 45 bc that's the most I'm allowed to get lol

PascalKrypt

so I didnt rly know what title to put this under, but anyways, I wanted to make a paludarium with some sort of half aquatic half land animal with fish included in the tank. I don't rly know waht I'm doing, 100% in the beginning stages but if anyone has any ideas of good animal choices to put in or any sort of reccomendation lmk I will most likely be putting this in a 29 gallon or maybe larger I'm not sure yet

highest id go is most likely a 45 bc that's the most I'm allowed to get lol
Oh I've always wanted to do this but never could manage to think of a good way to do it + get the material to execute the idea for a reasonable price. The closest I've come is a half-filled column tank that has rabbit's foot fern growing along the glass wall above the waterline.

You should really add some great paludarium plants, I rarely see orchids in included in ones that have a true aquarium sections but you can just tie them onto a wood branch!
Mudskippers are a popular choice for inhabitants using both the water and land area and can fit in a 29 gallon. Only get one though, males are territorial.

idkausernamesoyeah

Oh I've always wanted to do this but never could manage to think of a good way to do it + get the material to execute the idea for a reasonable price. The closest I've come is a half-filled column tank that has rabbit's foot fern growing along the glass wall above the waterline.

You should really add some great paludarium plants, I rarely see orchids in included in ones that have a true aquarium sections but you can just tie them onto a wood branch!
Mudskippers are a popular choice for inhabitants using both the water and land area and can fit in a 29 gallon. Only get one though, males are territorial.
gotcha. could I put fish in with them?

SnookusFish

Theres a youtube channel called green aqua and the have recently made one of the most beautiful palidariums I have ever seen if u want some inspiration. I may be wrong but I believe they stocked with cherry barbs and corries...

PascalKrypt

gotcha. could I put fish in with them?
Unfortunately I don't know any more about them than that. But I'm sure google will turn up quite a bit of info.

Edit: Better yet, search "mudskipper" at the top right of this page, and go through old fishlore threads on keeping them. There were more than I expected!

idkausernamesoyeah

Unfortunately I don't know any more about them than that. But I'm sure google will turn up quite a bit of info.

Edit: Better yet, search "mudskipper" at the top right of this page, and go through old fishlore threads on keeping them. There were more than I expected!
that's fair see when I think of a paludarium don't get me wrong mudskippers r cool but I'm rly looking for like half fish half like of a frog or lizard of some sorts. but not many do paludariums with half fish half land half aquatic aniamls which sucks they usually just do lke an axolotl paludarium and they r fully aquatic. also I haveNO IDEA what kind of plants I can do. what I think ill do is look more on old threads from here and also ill research semI aquatic animals and research if they can go with fish ya know. but yeah if anyone knows how to help please do so also if u know of any plants and a good light lmk bc I m not knowledgable at all in those two departments

saltwater60

Check out reeds start night tree frogs. I’m thinking of doing the same thing. Those were my pick. Or creaked geckos.

idkausernamesoyeah

Check out reeds start night tree frogs. I’m thinking of doing the same thing. Those were my pick. Or creaked geckos.
thanks!!! yeah keep me updated any cool articles or info u know or any options lmk I would love to hear them. also any updates on urs!!

idkausernamesoyeah

did u mean a crested gecko and reeds starry night tree frogs

jinjerJOSH22

You could try something cool with just regular old fish. Try setting it up to keep Splash Tetra. The way the spawn is really cool.

PascalKrypt

that's fair see when I think of a paludarium don't get me wrong mudskippers r cool but I'm rly looking for like half fish half like of a frog or lizard of some sorts. but not many do paludariums with half fish half land half aquatic aniamls which sucks they usually just do lke an axolotl paludarium and they r fully aquatic. also I haveNO IDEA what kind of plants I can do. what I think ill do is look more on old threads from here and also ill research semI aquatic animals and research if they can go with fish ya know. but yeah if anyone knows how to help please do so also if u know of any plants and a good light lmk bc I m not knowledgable at all in those two departments
Aaah, gotcha. I thought you specifically wanted an animal for both sections, and I was thinking it's pretty small for a turtle.
Cool idea!
Hmm, if you want to set it up like that I wonder if you'd still need a heat lamp? You would need to pay attention that the environment will be very humid, so desert species lizards etc. are out.

Actually you could probably grow some aquarium plants but emersed! Many ferns can be grown in terrariums, peace lily can grow half in and out of the water and there are many plants meant for small enclosed spaces indoors. You should google terms like "terrarium in a jar plants" and it will give you some idea of ones that take up less space.

Excited to see your building plans!

idkausernamesoyeah

You could try something cool with just regular old fish. Try setting it up to keep Splash Tetra. The way the spawn is really cool.
that's fair but I want something like more different than fish!! like don't get me wrong I like my fish but I want something new like I get bored quickly. so I think that if I made a paludarium id be settttttttt. I m gonna be making a 5 gallon ecosystem hopefully while nj is like under quarantine and I will plan a paludarium to make!!

idkausernamesoyeah

I'm think of some sort of amphibian who doesn't eat fish I hope I'm able to find that haha

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MrBryan723
Replies
Views
BellatheBetta
Replies
Views
hans_yuka
Replies
Views