Paludarium design ideas

Awesomeneptune

I'm going to get a bigger tank for my betta and Cory's and some point this year and am planning on turning it into a Paludarium. I know bettas can jump though (mine doesn't really) so want to be careful with my design in case he jumps out into some of the hardscape, I'm planning on using floating plants to try and minimise the risk. Ive already been through so many ideas on the design and asked so many questions about it on this forum and so many of the things I've asked are irrelevant when I turn away from that aquascaping idea so I thought I'd just see if anyone has any design ideas that I can take inspiration from.
If anyone has any ideas or Paludariums/aqua terrarium of their own please send a picture! Im going to try and attach a video if one that I think looks really cool, I would like to attempt something like it but have the water trickling down the wood and rocks I think.

MacZ

You must be registered to see images
You must be registered to see images

My tank. I have no plants growing below 15cm depths. I let the Hydrocotyle completely take over the emersed parts.
The wood and twigs are fixed with fishing line and scotch tape.

Awesomeneptune

Wow that looks absolutely amazing! I love the look of the hydrocotlye, will have to see if I can find it somewhere.

MacZ

It's a common plant and kept correctly (i.e. semi-emersed, fully submerged they don't grow that well) it's ideal for paludaria, because Hydrocotyle is riparian plant, not fully aquatic.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bubble
Replies
Views
Crazycoryfishlady
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
  • Question
Replies