Pale Cory

jamisonkp

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I currently only have three corydora's and one of them - the female - is very pale while the other two are normal. They are peppered corries. I'm worried she may be sick and I'm not sure if this is something that is common or known.

OP
jamisonkp

jamisonkp

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a ten gallon and it's just the three of them right now. It's about 85F in the tank. The ammonia is about .25. That's all I've tested recently.

BeanFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Ammonia should be cero, if you see creep it up to .25 you should do a water change immediately.
85 Farenheit sounds a little bit too high. Why do you have it like that? And by the way, higher temperatures make water hold less oxygen so maybe they are just lacking oxygen.
I would do a 50% water change and I would slowly lower the temperature to 78 Farenheit. That should discard stress from water quality or temperature/lack of oxygen.
A photo would be pretty helpful tho.

OP
jamisonkp

jamisonkp

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It it not 85 I'm so sorry that was a typo. It's around 76. I'll do the water change thank you so much! I have terrible lighting so all pictures are coming out blury.

BeanFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Oh. Then yeah, a water change should help. It should be an automatic response to solve water quality issues as fast as you can.
You are aiming for 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and under 40 ppm nitrate.

Etaramedice

Reaction score
jamisonkp said:
I currently only have three corydora's and one of them - the female - is very pale while the other two are normal. They are peppered corries. I'm worried she may be sick and I'm not sure if this is something that is common or known.
May be stress as Corie's should be kept in groups of at least 6+ and in at least a 20 gallon

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Peppers can have different colors (more than 50 shades of grey). So it can be natural coloring.
In fact a 10G is too small for Peppers.

New Threads