Pairing Angelfish

JRose

I have five black lace zebra angelfish in my display tank. Recently I had two of them pair up and spawn. I do intend to separate them out for breeding but that night the eggs were eaten and the mood was gone so now I don’t know which two were the pair. I have a tank ready for them when they get going again but since I can’t tell any different behavior from the pair and the other three, I can’t identify them to remove them first. Should I just put all five of them in the breeding tank until they identify themselves again? Any advise is appreciated.

P.S. the pics are from a couple weeks ago when they spawned.

Attachments

• 101FFA96-2DA1-423F-B556-EB28A03DA32D.jpeg
    101FFA96-2DA1-423F-B556-EB28A03DA32D.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 7C5D7708-B7BF-4BBA-9431-68A235D317AA.jpeg
    7C5D7708-B7BF-4BBA-9431-68A235D317AA.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 16

Dunk2

I’d leave them in the current tank until they spawn again.

Just my experience, but the eggs might get eaten for the first few spawns even in the breeding tank. Sometimes it takes practice to make good fish parents. And depending on the fish, sometimes that never happens.

JRose

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I fully expect that. Been doing a lot of reading and watching videos about it. I mainly just want to identify the pair so I can move them to their breeding tank. I’m prepared for them to have to figure out how to parent a few times. I just like my chances a little better when they’re not spawning in a tank with a school of rummynose and amanos. The amanos got the eggs after the lights went out the first time

SouthAmericanCichlids

Just wait to see their pappilla. And then separate them then.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Srikrishna
Replies
Views
Lvmyfsh
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views