Pair Of Kribs?

Flyfrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm thinking of getting a pair of Kribs for my 20gal long. Will my ABN pleco and 5 Brillant Rasboras be ok with them?

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
well as soon as they start spawning, they might be really mean to your other fish....unless your rasboras are pretty fast swimmers....but they will be harrassed..

raptorsvt79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
a pleco might be ok....but if he gets into there territory, he might be attacked....you just have to be vigilant......usually it is recommended a pair of kribs to have a 20 gallon all by themselves...plus maybe some fast dither fish...

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pleco should be fine. Don't know about the rasboras. When my kribs spawn in my 29gallon (same length as your 20Long) they basically take over the left half, and everyone else hangs in the right. Just make sure the most attractive "cave" is on one side of the tank so they don't claim too much territory. I have some cories and white clouds in with them and the cories share the same tank level, the kribs just chase them off and go back to the cave. I've not had any serious injury during a spawn. Probably depends on the individual personality of the fish though.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As with any fish they all seem to have personalities of their own. As was advised above just be vigilant.
My pair were sharing a 30g long with a large angelfish and they harassed the angel until I took him out. they are masters of the whole tank now
carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom