Pair of Dwarf Gouramis?

isatto

Hello! I recently got and set up a 20gal tank and once it was cycled, added my first beginning fish, a dwarf gourami that seems to be male. I’m going to go get some more fish this weekend and I was wondering if I could add another dwarf gourami without trouble. I’ve seen some ratios of 1 male to 2 females, but the PetSmart I go to does not carry any females. Could I keep two males successfully in a 20gal? Thank you

Dunk2

Hello! I recently got and set up a 20gal tank and once it was cycled, added my first beginning fish, a dwarf gourami that seems to be male. I’m going to go get some more fish this weekend and I was wondering if I could add another dwarf gourami without trouble. I’ve seen some ratios of 1 male to 2 females, but the PetSmart I go to does not carry any females. Could I keep two males successfully in a 20gal? Thank you

Unfortunately no. And female DG are very difficult to find.

ystrout

No dwarf gouramis should normally be kept alone. I suppose it's possible to keep a male/female pair, but it's very hard to find females for sale. You'd also want to do that in larger than a 20 gallon tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies