Paint Falling Off

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Islandboy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. IslandboyValued MemberMember

I bought these decorations in January, and they've steadily flaked paint off the last four months. Anyone else had this happen? 870dd9735d17e500bfb10059af1a6db1.jpgafd62c3db2767c02c9fe54f9d4f92d7f.jpg7f4e86b837576bfa9a24b22e23bfe4b2.jpg

2. NanologistWell Known MemberMember

Seems to be pretty common with those decorations. I almost got that same turtle cave you have, but after learning about how the paint flakes off I decided to go with a more natural look and got some driftwood and rocks instead.

3. clk89Fishlore VIPMember

Unfortunately a lot of aquarium decorations do this over time. Supposedly the paint is not toxic to fish, but I would still remove it from the tank.

4. Lynn78tooWell Known MemberMember

Yes, I had some that was Glofish brand and flaked off within a few months. I also went natural after that. ;)

5. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I have the same turtle cave and some of the paint is slowly flaking off. I need to find a good replacement for it or some of my inhabitants are going to start a riot if I take it out.

6. clk89Fishlore VIPMember

An unglazed plain planters pot will work.

7. BettanewbWell Known MemberMember

I have a terracotta pot in there already it just is not the same I guess

8. bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

Are they TopFin decorations?
    Had that happen with a really nice tiki Hut style decoration that the zebra danios loved playing in.

9. IslandboyValued MemberMember

I don't know what the brand was. It's from Pet Supermarket.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice