Package of plants delivered

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by chevyguy8893, Dec 28, 2012.

1. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

:party0049: I have been wanting to get these for a while now and they finally came up on aquabid. Despite the freezing cold weather and the sensitivity of the plants, they all made it just fine with some nice insulation. As before, these came from P_volitan. So, my new plants are 4 Ammania sp. 'bonsai' (true rotala indica), 3 Ludwigia sp. 'atlantis', 1 Eriocaulon cinereum, and the freebies are 2 hygrophila pinnatifida. The ammania wasn't listed, but he was kind enough to check and see what he had available :). My 20 gallon has turned into a grow out tank till my new tank is running. The plants were just put in, so they are still bent over from the packaging.

Eriocaulon cinereum 1-2" tall (my favorite, but I have never grown it)
    [​IMG]

Ammania sp. 'bonsai' and the Ludwigia sp. 'atlantis'
    [​IMG]

Hygrophila pinnatifida (the picture really doesn't show it's true colors)
    [​IMG]

And the crazy packaging they came in
    [​IMG]

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Nice haul! I really like the Eriocaulon cinereum, almost looks like an anemone.

3. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Those plants and especially that packaging looks like you could have possibly gotten your plants from the same guy I got my high light plants for my Beverage Dispenser tank from.

The Erio is really high light and needs ferts. Grows pretty slowly. Nice pickups!

4. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

Very nice!! :D

I'm thinking about planting my 30g, so you may find me looking for advice on this pretty shortly! (a grow tank, hadn't thought about that). New to the whole planted thing *blush*

5. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Very nice plants! I got a shipment of plants today myself. I'll think about ordering from P_volitan next time.

6. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I've ordered plants from P-Volitan before and I give him two thumbs up.

I really love your Eriocaulon cinereum. I've never seen that before. I think I might have to order that plant.

7. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Very nice! Good luck with them. :)

8. OP
    OP
    c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

He definitely has a good selection of high light plants, so it is a possibility. The erio will be under high light (direct), EI dosed with a decent substrate, and all the CO2 it could need. I am really happy that I was able to get all of these.

Thanks! Planting an aquarium, IMO, is always worthwhile and is not hard to do with the right plants :). Every one of my tanks is planted and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is the second time I have ordered from him and he is always really helpful.

The erio plant species is amazing, and this is supposed to be the easier one to grow out of them all. I haven't come across them too often, without them being overpriced, but I think he still has a couple others :D. If you like this erio, you should check out the erio Australia Red, it is amazing.

Thanks :). Nice, what plants did you get? I am not affiliated with him at all other than being a customer, but he is a good person to order from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice