pacing?

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
normally my Julian is busy exploring every portion of his tank but since put him back in his tank he has been pacing along the back wall. He was in a temperary jar for a couple days while I was setting up his tank after we moved into the apt, could that be the cause or is something wrong with him? when I first put him in the 10gal it was 3 days before he would check out the whole tank, but at that time he was at the top of the tank, not the side. and is there anything I can do to help?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is unhappy and possibly feels like the "jar" was a punishment or something. It is going to take a bit to get the rapport back with him and to get him to warm up to the tank again but he will, just give him some time. He has been stressed and maybe could use a treat or two if you know of something he especially likes. Otherwise just get him back to his regular schedule and keep him to a regular schedule and routine as much as possible to show him that everything is going to be the same again and he will be okay.

Please let us know how he is doing.

Rose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am sorry to say that you may have to resign yourself to never seeing one again. Sometimes they do not adjust to a new tank - and basically this is not the same tank he had before even though it is. It may have things rearranged a little different or it may not feel just the same and he is not as pleased. If there is something you changed this time and you can change it back, I might try to make the tank as very close to the old one as possible as he obviously loved his old home if he was blowing bubblenests.

I am so sorry that Julian is having such a hard time and you are both so unhappy.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rusty doesn't blow them at all but he's very active. I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes bettas sulk, go through changes of life. Is he responding to other things?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom