Overwhelmed with 2 days of substrate research, can you help?

HardScapeRam19

Ok so first I know this have been covered for literally decades and I have been reading post after post, reading reviews, watching videos and I'm literally farther away from a decision then when I started. I have my new fluval flex 32. It will eventually house a single figure 8 puffer. So it will be brackish and I want to aquascape it so bad with live plants. This is something I've wanted to do for years and finally have the right setup I wanted to do this. Here is my dilemma the substrate I think I have over researched this and now can't decide. I want a very dark as black as possible substrate and visually when I watch videos I love the bigger rounder pieces I see in some tanks. My issue is I don't want anything that breaks down I've heard and seen in videos how it slowly breaks down and turns into dust and I want the opposite. I seem to keep coming back to seachem fluorite and or fluorite sand. I also love the look of sand very much and would also be a good choice. I know this has been covered a lot but again in my search everyone has their own recommendation and it makes it more confusing so I'm hoping by being very specific to say doesn't break down being as black as possible you can help me with your experience pick the right one

Any advice very much appreciated

SnookusFish

Aquasoils like ADA amazonia and tropica are high quality. Mine is over a year old and is still the same shape. The best for plants too

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Awesomeneptune
Replies
Views
Toothy
Replies
Views
Nourhanateout22
Replies