Overstocked?????

1. rmp0626 Initiate Member

I have a 45 gallon bowed front tank with one kuhli loach, two glass catfish(used to have three, one just died) and a betta fish. I was considering adding a few Cory fish and was wondering how many to put in or if it would be to many fish. The tank has been up and running for over a year with no problems.

2. rmp0626 Initiate Member

Will my tank be overstocked if I ???????

I currently have a 45 gallon bow front thank has been up and running problem free for over a year. I have one kuhli loach, two glass catfish, and a betta fish(he is very friendly and just sticks to himself). I was considering adding three to six cory fish to the tank. Will my tank be overstocked if I do this?

3. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

If you were to add 6 corys at aobut 5cm each you woould still be way under stocked. You really should add a few more Khulis & a few more Glass Cats before you worry about the Corys though. Khulis & Glass Cats both prefer to be kept in groups, just like Corys do. Try to have at least 5 of each. IF your Betta will tolerate them. Bettas are notorious for taking a serious dislike to thier tankmates & beating them up. Some Bettas are ok with other fish, some arn't. Here is a link to a stock calculator so you can work out what you might be able to fit in your tank. http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the site. You are soooooooo far from being overstocked. I would get 5 more kuhlis, 5 more glass cats and 8 corys.

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I answered your question in your other thread. I think you posted in the right category the first time, but a moderator is probably going to say something about starting multiple threads asking the same question.

6. ynaggo Member Member

I have the same tank as you just check out my stock.

7. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Has your betta been in the tank the entire time? From what I've read here betta behavior can change unexpectedly. (All my bettas live alone so I can't speak from experience with a community tank.)

8. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore! :)
    Your threads have been merged.
    It's best to start one thread per questions.
    It's easier for you to keep track of member's suggestions and easier for the other members to see what's already been suggested.

Enjoy the forum :)