Overstocked?

1. Donovan20th Initiate Member

2. velveteentuzhi Member Member

That is.... pretty overstocked yes. Most of the fishes you've mentioned (GBR, cories, loaches) need much bigger tanks. I think 20-29g is the minimum size tank for GBR, and cories. I'm not too certain about loach tank sizing, but most loaches I've heard of need at least 30g.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!!

You are very overstocked. Like stated above, all the fish except the shrimp and snails need bigger tanks. I would get a 29gallon or larger :)

Also cories need to be in larger groups of 6+. I'm not sure about the loaches but they might need to be in larger groups as well.

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Your hillstream loaches need a group and cool water temps as well as the peppered cory need at least 6 and lower temps. the GBR need warm temps as does the dwarf gourami.. Yes you do need a bigger tank. Welcome to the forum. I am glad you joined us. :;hi1Alison

5. Dondomingo Well Known Member Member

To be honest the only thing I would keep in a 10 gallon tank anymore is a single betta or a single school of small fish like tetras (penguin/ neon) but this was after learning the hard way. Small tanks just fluctuate so much more than larger tanks. Toss in a big fish load and your asking for problems. Just my two coppers.

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member