Overstocked or can I have more?

Highlander88

My son's 20 gallon tank has 1 mystery snail, 1 cherry shrimp and 3 glofish tetras. Today we added 2 more glofish tetras and 3 orange tuxedo guppies. Is this an ok amount for the tank or should I add more guppies or tetras? The girl at the store was talking an awful lot and when I got home and researched some stuff, it didn't match what she said so I wanna ask the experts on here in case she was wrong. Thanks

MyFishAddiction

U could probably do 1-2 more of each.

Upvote 0

DrogJustDrog

Yeah, those are pretty small fish. Snails and shrimp don't take up much space either. Depending on how much decor you have I think you could put in a few more and be fine.

Upvote 0

Highlander88

Yeah, those are pretty small fish. Snails and shrimp don't take up much space either. Depending on how much decor you have I think you could put in a few more and be fine.

This is the tank just now. I recently upgraded from a10 to 20, so the one filter on the left will not be there much longer. I just wanted the bacteria from our smaller tank to get transfered.

Attachments

• PXL_20210509_011306925.jpg
    PXL_20210509_011306925.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

Highlander88

Isn't it? My son saw it and just loved it!

Upvote 0

Fisch

I love the pink octopus :)

Upvote 0

JustAFishServant

This is one of the better GloFish aquariums I've seen! Great job!

But yes, you should be okay as long as the GloFish don't get any bright ideas. "GloFish Tetras" are really GMO White Skirts which are considered semi-aggressive and may not be the most suitable for Guppies due to delicate fins, Apple Snails because of their long tentacles, or Cherry Shrimp due to size, but as long as you haven't noticed any issues so far it should be okay. Just keep a close eye ;)

P.S. Here's what AqAdvisor has to say about your setup:

"Warning: White Skirt Tetra will likely fin nip Guppy. Try increasing the number to 6 (meaning get one more White Skirt)

Recommended temperature range: 21 - 27 C (69.8 - 80.6 F)
Recommended pH range: 7 - 7.5
Recommended hardness range: 10 - 15 dH

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity (I added the Tetra 3-10i and Aquaclear mini which is what I assume you have)

Recommended water change schedule: 17% per week (bump this up to a 1/5 WC)
Your aquarium stocking level is 69% (which basically just means you're good when it comes to stocking)."

Good luck! ;)

Upvote 0

Highlander88

Thank you very much! Great information!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Paigefav
Replies
Views
sailesh10115