Overstocked at Chinese Restaraunt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treefork, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

Now I'm not one to tell the Chinese they have an overstocked tank, they've been doing it for quite a bit longer than me... but ok seriously...

75 Gallon Tank

4 Oscars
    2 Bloody Parrots
    2 Kissing Gouramis
    2 Misc Gouramis (1 blue 1 gold)
    2 Red tail Sharks
    2 Bala Sharks
    2 Black Skirt Tetras
    1 Female Betta
    2 Syndontis (sp?) cats
    2 African Cichlids (unsure species)
    6 Comets

May have been a few more, don't quite remember.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

very typical unfortunately :( and very sad.....and im sure it was close to the entrance of the door to go in? theres a few places around here that do the same thing

3. OP
    OP
    Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

Yeah right when you walk in. I told the lady at the front counter, that those Oscars will get huge for that tank. She said "Yes, we feed (something I couldn't understand) they get very fat." At which point I thought that sounded a little too much like something you might say about food fish..:;smack

4. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

That's sad, there is a place sort of near me that has a very overstocked tank too. Not quite to the extent of this one though... And I didn't know what types they were, varying goldfish and a few big grey/silver ones lol (let's be honest I'm more comfortable with guppies, bettas, danios & tetras!!)

5. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Wow That is a tank full of ammonia.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice