Overheating Plants?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Patrick Griffith, May 29, 2018.

1. Patrick Griffith

Patrick Griffith New Member Member

over the past month my jungle val a long with a number of other various plants, has slowly been browning and dying off. All perameters seemed to be ok and I didnt understand what was going on. I recently was cleaning the tank and realized it seemed a bit warm, but the thermometer was reading 77 degrees. I tried a different thermometer I had and found that the one thats in the tank is wrong, the water was actually around 88-89 degrees :(
    Now that I have replaced the heater and done a water change to regulate temps, will my plants be able to grow back at all or is it to late and theyll just continue to die?

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

Wow, I hope the fish, if you had any, are doing okay! The plants will survive. The leaves that are dying will continue to die but I would remove the dying leaves because the plant will keep using energy to fix that leaf instead of using that energy to create new leaves.

3. OP
    OP
    Patrick Griffith

Patrick Griffith New Member Member

Thank you! And yes, I feel terrible
    For the sparkling gournamis and loaches that had to deal with the heat, they seem to be ok though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice