Overgrown Anubias Rhizome

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by leftswerve, Apr 11, 2018.

1. leftswerve

leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

What are my options? I have an Anubias that has grown by following the shade. The rhizome has about 6" of no leaves, it all has roots. It's probably 12" overall length. The last 6" is a healthy regular plant.
    If I cut the part with the leaves off, will the rhizome with roots and no leaves grow leaves?
    Thanks.

2. Fishywife

FishywifeValued MemberMember

It might do. I'd give it a shot. I've taken cuttings from a few of mine. At very least the plant will look nicer!

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

This may help:

4. OP
    OP
    leftswerve

leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

Thanks, I haven't read that one. I read ones like it, ones that say exactly the opposite and ones that are off the deep end.
    As with most stuff in this hobby, I'll go with what I think is the most sensible. I'm going to cut slits in a few inches of it. See how that reacts, then depending on how I like that, I may just chop it up.
    The consensis is that a piece of rhizome, on it's own, will sprout leaves.
    Of course I have to contend with inverts dying because of it, and the whole tank dying because of it, the plant withering away, and the moon collapsing in on itself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice